Pharmacy Council of Nigeria
Pharmacy practice in Nigeria is regulated by the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN). PCN is a Federal Government parastatal established by the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria Act 2022, charged with the responsibility of regulating and controlling pharmacy education, training and practice in all aspects and ramifications, including regulating Pharmacy Technicians and Patent and Proprietary Medicines Vendors (PPMVs).”
Pharm. Ibrahim Babashehu Ahmed, FPSN, FPCPharm, FCAI
- Determines what standard of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become Pharmacists in Nigeria
- Establishes and maintains a register of pharmacists and secures the publication from time to time of the list of those names as entered in the register
- Issues pharmacists Oath and Code of Ethics
- Appoints pharmaceutical inspectors to ensure the enforcement of the provisions of the law by inspection and monitoring of premises where pharmaceutical endeavours take place.
- Maintains a register of Pharmacy Technicians.
Our vision is to create an enabling and regulated environment for the provision of quality pharmaceutical services for sustainable health care delivery.
Our Mission is to effectively regulate and control the training and practice of pharmaceutical service providers through the instrumentality of capacity building.
Quality Policy Statement
PCN is committed to ensuring the provision of sustainable pharmaceutical regulatory services
(personnel, premises, and practice) for the well-being of the populace.
In achieving this, PCN equips its staff and stakeholders through capacity development and deployment of appropriate technology while providing standards of practice in line with national and international applicable regulations.
We constantly improve our Quality Management System processes to ensure continued
relevance, effective use of resources, and stakeholders’ satisfaction.
Accordingly, this quality policy statement is:
a. Documented and revised as expedient;
b. Communicated, understood, and applied within PCN;
c. Available to relevant interested parties on our website, quality awareness handbook, and posters.
Management reviews the quality policy annually or as required at management review meeting to determine the policy''s continued suitability.
PCN Act & Other Regulations