Pharmacists Council of Nigeria
The Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) is a Federal Government parastatal established by Act 91 of 1992 (Cap P17 LFN 2004) charged with the responsibility for regulating and controlling Pharmacy Education, training and practice in all aspects and ramifications.
Pharm NAE Mohammed, FPSN, FNIM
- Determines what standard of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become Pharmacists in Nigeria
- Establishes and maintains a register of pharmacists and secures the publication from time to time of the list of those names as entered in the register
- Issues pharmacists Oath and Code of Ethics
- Appoints pharmaceutical inspectors to ensure the enforcement of the provisions of the law by inspection and monitoring of premises where pharmaceutical endeavours take place.
- Maintains a register of Pharmacy Technicians.
Our vision is to create an enabling and regulated environment for the provision of quality pharmaceutical services for sustainable health care delivery.
Our Mission is to effectively regulate and control the training and practice of pharmaceutical service providers through the instrumentality of capacity building.