Pharm NAE Mohammed, FPSN, FNIM
A native of Jagbe, Etsako West Local Government of Edo State, Pharm NAE Mohammed was born in October 07, 1960 at Ado-Ekiti, in present day Ekiti State. He started his early education at St. Johns Anglican Primary School, Agbor, Delta State and later proceeded to St Peter Grammar School, Agenebode and Methodist Comprehensive High School, Aye-Ekiti, Ekiti State for his secondary school education. He got his Bachelor in Pharmacy degree in 1984 from the prestigious Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Benin, Edo State, Nigeria. In 1997, he had his MBA from the Edo State University, Ekpoma and in 2008 a Master of Science in Health Management from the University of Lagos. He is currently a Ph.D student in Healthcare Management, Policy Development and Implementation, Walden University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
After his mandatory internship and national service programmes, he had working experiences as Superintendent Pharmacist in some private pharmaceutical companies in Lagos and health care management consultancy services.
As a pharmacist, he has worked in various areas of pharmacy practice including community, industrial and consultancy; and has also considerable experience in healthcare publishing where he delved into various issues and personalities. In his consultant capacity, he has been involved in various policy development projects in Nigeria by the Federal Ministry of Health and some of its Agencies. Some of the consultancy works include:
- preparation of the 5-year strategic plan for the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria in 2006;
- development of numerous position papers by the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria for the Federal Ministry of Health on pharmaceutical and health related issues.
In the area of service delivery, he has at various times held positions in Organizations such as:
- North Central Zonal Coordinator for the National Economic Empowerment Development Strategy (NEEDS) to mention a few;
- National Program on Immunization (NPI) as Central Facilitator in Ogun and Adamawa States;
- Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) as Council member;
- PATHS/DFID, and Federal Ministry of Health where he served as member in National Healthcare Financing Technical Working Group, National Chemical Safety Technical Working Group, National Injection Safety Technical Working Group, and National Pharmacovigilance Technical Working Group
resulting in the development of National Policies on National Healthcare Financing, National Chemical Safety, National Injection Safety and National Pharmacovigilance, etc.
- Worked in the Lagos State Task Force on Fake Drugs;
- Part-Time Inspector, defunct Lagos State Task Force on Fake and Counterfeit Drugs and PCN Inspection Committee.
As a Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) certified Professional Manager, he has displayed his managerial competencies in various positions of endeavor. He has in addition, attended various professional and management courses organized by various organizations. He has also attended many professional training organized for healthcare and non-healthcare professionals, and served as a resource person to:
- The Academy of LiveWell lnitiative (LWI), a public health NGO, a registered health-promotion focused organization which empowers the people through health literacy;
- Pharmanews Limited, a publishing and training organization;
- West African Post graduate college of Pharmacists [WAPCP];
- Pharmacists Council of Nigeria [PCN] in their mandatory continuing professional development [MCPD] program for Pharmacists and;
- Facilitator in other private companies in area of manpower development.
He is the founder of ADI Healthcare Initiative, a non-profit and non-political organization set up with major aim of closing the gap between knowledge and action as it pertains to the health of the populace. This is being done through the use of different instruments of operation to enable individuals take informed decision concerning their health and positive well-being.
He has attended various Conferences organized by Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria [PSN], West African Post graduate college of Pharmacists [WAPCP] and International Pharmaceutical Federation [FIP] based in Hague, Netherlands.
He is a Fellow of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria and served as Secretary of Board of Fellows from 2012 to 2014. He is currently the Honorary Secretary of African Pharmaceutical Forum (An affiliate of FIP and the forum for all Pharmacists in Africa). Other services to the profession include:
- Secretary, Lagos State Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria [PSN];
- National Financial Secretary, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria;
- National Treasurer, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria;
- National Secretary Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria;
- Foundation General Secretary, Christian Pharmacists Fellowship of Nigeria (CPFN), where he is currently the Deputy President;
- Secretary, PSN Relief Committee on Ikeja Bomb Blast Victims Rehabilitation;
- Project Adviser, ALPS Committee on Roll Back Malaria;
- Served in numerous PSN Committees and sub Committees.
As a Manager of Men and Materials, he was serving as General Manager, Swiss Biostadt Limited before his appointment as Registrar/Secretary to the Governing Council, Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) in 2014.
His hobbies include reading, football, missionary work' and social services. He is married to Rev (Mrs.) Adizetu Omoshoke Mohammed and the union is blessed with three beautiful daughters: Blessing, Glory and Emmanuella.